DevNet Associate Module 4 Quiz – Understanding and Using APIs (Answers)
1. What is REST?
- It is a protocol that allows administrators to manage nodes on an IP network.
- It is a way to store and interchange data in a structured format.
- It is a human readable data structure that is used by applications for storing, transforming, and reading data.
- It is an architecture style for designing web service applications.
2. Which HTTP response status code indicates that the request to update the database is completed?
3. How many elements does a SOAP message contain?
4. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is using a Python script to test a REST API request. The traceback message indicates there is an error in the URI. What is the error?
- The query component is missing.
- The destination web host address is invalid.
- The protocol is missing.
- The path in the URI is invalid.
5. Which type of encoding is used in basic authentication for REST APIs?
6. What is an architectural constraint to which a true RESTful API web service must adhere?
- It must support the XML data format.
- It uses HTTPS to transport data.
- It operates as a cloud service.
- It runs as client/server model.
7. What is a reason that a network engineer would use APIs?
- to automate configuration or data collection tasks
- to provide a more robust security architecture
- to facilitate features across network devices that operate at different layers
- to provide upper management with information about network performance
8. What is a webhook for REST APIs?
- It is an HTTP redirect to forward the API request to another web service.
- It is an HTTP PUT message to update information on a website.
- It is an HTTP UPDATE message to notify the user that an API request is successfully completed.
- It is an HTTP callback to a URL to notify the client application that an event has occurred.
9. As part of creating an API request using Python, the following commands are entered. What is the purpose of this step?
ipaddr = 10.1.50.1
interface = Ethernet1/1
hostname = R1
- to import Python modules
- to request JSON data
- to create functions to test the code
- to create variables
10. A web service uses a rate limit algorithm that puts all incoming REST API requests into a queue in the order in which they arrive. The algorithm allows incoming requests to arrive at any rate, but the server processes the requests from the queue at a fixed rate. Which rate limit algorithm is used by the web service?
- token bucket
- fixed window counter
- sliding window counter
- leaky bucket
11. What is an application requirement in order to receive a notification from a webhook provider?
- The application must provide a syslog service.
- The application must accept HTTP UPDATE messages from the webhook provider.
- The application must register a unique domain name from a certificate authority.
- The application must always be running to receive HTTP POST requests.
12. Which RESTful operation corresponds to the HTTP GET method?