DevNet Associate Module 5 Quiz – Network Fundamentals (Answers)
1. Which statement describes the ping and tracert commands?
- Tracert shows each hop, while ping shows a destination reply only.
- Tracert uses IP addresses; ping does not.
- Both ping and tracert can show results in a graphical display.
- Ping shows whether the transmission is successful; tracert does not.
2. Which IPv6 address is most compressed for the full FE80:0:0:0:2AA:FF:FE9A:4CA3 address?
3. Which command can be used on Linux and MAC hosts to get IP addressing information?
- networksetup -getinfo
- ip address
4. What type of IPv6 address is FE80::1?
- global unicast
5. Which two statements are true about NTP servers in an enterprise network? (Choose two.)
- There can only be one NTP server on an enterprise network.
- NTP servers control the mean time between failures (MTBF) for key network devices.
- NTP servers at stratum 1 are directly connected to an authoritative time source.
- All NTP servers synchronize directly to a stratum 1 time source.
- NTP servers ensure an accurate time stamp on logging and debugging information.
6. A small-sized company has 30 workstations and 2 servers. The company has been assigned a group of IPv4 addresses 22.214.171.124/29 from its ISP. The two servers must be assigned public IP addresses so they are reachable from the outside world. What technology should the company implement in order to allow all workstations to access services over the Internet simultaneously?
- static NAT
- dynamic NAT
- port address translation
7. Which statement describes a stateful firewall?
- It can determine if the connection is in the initiation, data transfer, or termination phase.
- It can expand the number of IP addresses available and can hide network addressing design.
- It can filter packets based on information at Layers 3, 4, 5 and 7 of the OSI reference model.
- It can only filter packets based on limited Layer 3 and 4 information.
8. Which impact does adding a Layer 2 switch have on a network?
- an increase in the number of dropped frames
- an increase in the size of the broadcast domain
- an increase in the size of the collision domain
- an increase in the number of network collisions
9. Data is being sent from a source PC to a destination server. Which three statements correctly describe the function of TCP or UDP in this situation? (Choose three.)
- The source port field identifies the running application or service that will handle data returning to the PC.
- The UDP destination port number identifies the application or service on the server which will handle the data.
- UDP segments are encapsulated within IP packets for transport across the network.
- TCP is the preferred protocol when a function requires lower network overhead.
- The TCP source port number identifies the sending host on the network.
- The TCP process running on the PC randomly selects the destination port when establishing a session with the server.
10. What is the function of the MIB element as part of a network management system?
- to send and retrieve network management information
- to change configurations on SNMP agents
- to store data about a device
- to collect data from SNMP agents
11. Which two devices allow hosts on different VLANs to communicate with each other? (Choose two.)
- Layer 3 switch
- Layer 2 switch
12. What is obtained when ANDing the address 192.168.65.3/18 with its subnet mask?