DevNet Associate Module 7 Quiz – Introduction to Automating, Developing, and Deploying Applications with Cisco (Answers)
1. What is the average cost per hour of an enterprise outage for the largest enterprises?
- $700,000.00 per hour
- $500,000.00 per hour
- $300,000.00 per hour
- $100,000.00 per hour
2. What is idempotency in IT automation?
- the quality of software
- the reusing of shell commands
- the security level of software
- the scripting of shell commands
3. A student is creating an Ansible playbook to practice management automation of a Cisco router. Which command should the student add to the playbook to find the interface names, assigned IP addresses, and status of interfaces on the router?
- show running-config
- show ip interface brief
- show ip route
- ip address
4. When following the best practices and core principles of DevOps, how is failure considered?
- Failure is normal.
- Failure is simply “repair work”.
- Failure should only occur in Ops.
- Failure should not influence software design methodology.
5. What is a canary deployment?
- the switchover of selected users to a new release deployment
- a production test using a chaos tool to inject random failures with a limited blast-radius
- a server-by-server switchover to a new release deployment
- the use of two identical servers with load balancers to redirect traffic for an entire server as needed
6. What are two challenges of cloud computing technologies? (Choose two.)
- utilizing generic host environments
- maintaining access control
- maintaining configurational consistency of platforms
- managing costs
- requesting additional resources
7. Which technology can run on bare metal or on large virtual machines to simulate Cisco networks and utilities?
8. An analyst is using Ansible to perform remote management tasks on network devices. Which file type is in the Ansible file structure that describes the devices under management?
- role folders and files
- variable file
- inventory file
- playbook file
9. What is an error budget in the DevOps/SRE culture?
- It is the planned percentage of a monetary contract that is given back to a customer when an SLO is not met.
- It is a best-practice metric for availability, equivalent to only six minutes of unplanned offline time per year.
- It is an internal-only metric for calculating the actual availability of a service.
- It is a method for measuring allowable errors as a gate on release speed.
10. Which programming language is used by Chef to execute the recipes?
11. A developer issues a Linux command python3 -m venv devenv. What is the developer trying to achieve?
- to install the devnet tool sets in the Python 3 virtual environment named venv
- to activate the Python 3 virtual environment named devenv
- to enter the Python 3 virtual environment named venv using the devnet tool sets
- to create a Python 3 virtual environment named devenv