IT Essentials 8.0 Module 18.104.22.168 Windows Configuration Quiz Answers
1. A help desk technician is talking to a user to clarify a technical problem that the user is having. What are two examples of open-ended questions that the technician might use to help determine the issue? (Choose two.)
- What happens when you try to access your files?
- What updates have you performed lately?
- Can you boot the operating system?
- Can you boot up in safe mode?
- Has anyone else used the computer recently?
2. A technician notices that an application is not responding to commands and that the computer seems to respond slowly when applications are opened. What is the best administrative tool to force the release of system resources from the unresponsive application?
- Task Manager
- Add or Remove Programs
- Event Viewer
- System Restore
3. A technician is designing a hardware preventive maintenance plan for a company. Which strategy should be included in the plan?
- Avoid performing maintenance operations on plug and play devices that are controlled by the operating system.
- Only clean equipment that is requested by the customer.
- Omit performing maintenance operations on components until the equipment malfunctions.
- Schedule and document routine maintenance tasks.
4. After solving a problem on a computer, a technician checks the event log to ensure that there are no new error messages. At which step of the troubleshooting process is this action taking place?
- Verify the solution and full system functionality.
- Document the findings.
- Establish a theory of probable cause.
- Determine an exact cause.
5. What is true about restore points?
- Once System Restore is used to restore a system, the change is irreversible.
- Restore points back up personal data files.
- Restore points recover corrupted or deleted data files.
- Restore points should always be created before making changes to a system.
6. Which two issues are likely to cause BSOD errors? (Choose two.)
- out-of-date browser
- RAM failing
- device driver errors
- lack of antivirus software
- power supply failure
7. What are three common causes of operating systems problems? (Choose three.)
- a corrupted registry
- incorrect IP addressing information
- loose cable connections
- failed service pack installation
- CMOS battery problem
- virus infection
8. Why would an administrator use Windows Remote Desktop and Windows Remote Assistant?
- to provide secure remote access to resources on another network
- to connect to an enterprise network across an unsecured connection and act as a local client of that network
- to enable sharing of files and presentations with a group of users over the Internet
- to connect to a remote computer over the network to control its applications and data
9. A corporation has expanded to include multiple remote offices around the globe. Which technology should be used to allow the remote offices to communicate and share network resources privately?
- Remote Desktop
- Administrative share
- Remote Assistance
10. A user logs into Active Directory on a workstation and the user home directory does not redirect to a network share on a file server. A technician suspects that the group policy setting is incorrect. Which command can the technician use to verify the group policy settings?
11. What are two file attributes in the Windows environment? (Choose two.)
12. How many Libraries are created for each user by default on a new Windows 10 installation?
13. A user wants to configure a password on a Windows 10 PC when the PC is woken from hibernation. Where can the user configure this?
- Control Panel, Power Options
- Control Panel, User Accounts
- Settings, Accounts
- Settings, Privacy
14. Match the commands to the task.
15. Which TCP port number would be used for remotely connecting to a network switch and configuring it via an unencrypted connection?
16. In which folder are application files for 32-bit programs typically located on a computer that is running a 64-bit edition of Windows 10?
- C:\Program Files
- C:\Application Data
- C:\Program Files (x86)