1. What is the purpose of a personal firewall on a computer?
- to increase the speed of the Internet connection
- to protect the computer from viruses and malware
- to filter the traffic that is moving in and out of the PC
- to protect the hardware against fire hazard
2. What is the main difference between the implementation of IDS and IPS devices?
- An IDS can negatively impact the packet flow, whereas an IPS can not.
- An IDS needs to be deployed together with a firewall device, whereas an IPS can replace a firewall.
- An IDS uses signature-based technology to detect malicious packets, whereas an IPS uses profile-based technology.
- An IDS would allow malicious traffic to pass before it is addressed, whereas an IPS stops it immediately.
3. Which two pieces of information should be included in a logical topology diagram of a network? (Choose two.)
- device type
- cable specification
- interface identifier
- cable type and identifier
- OS/IOS version
- connection type
4. What is a characteristic of a WAN?
- It is typically owned and managed by a single home or business.
- It requires a wireless access point to connect users to the network.
- It spans across a campus or city to enable sharing of regional resources.
- It connects multiple networks that are geographically separated.
5. What network monitoring technology enables a switch to copy and forward traffic sent and received on multiple interfaces out another interface toward a network analysis device?
- network tap
- port mirroring
6. What is a function of a proxy firewall?
- drops or forwards traffic based on packet header information
- connects to remote servers on behalf of clients
- filters IP traffic between bridged interfaces
- uses signatures to detect patterns in network traffic
7. Which technology is used by Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) in defending and protecting against known and emerging threats?
- threat intelligence
- network admission control
- website filtering and block listing
- network profiling
8. How is a source IP address used in a standard ACL?
- It is the address that is unknown, so the ACL must be placed on the interface closest to the source address.
- It is the address to be used by a router to determine the best path to forward packets.
- It is used to determine the default gateway of the router that has the ACL applied.
- It is the criterion that is used to filter traffic.
9. Which statement describes the Cisco Cloud Web Security?
- It is a security appliance that provides an all-in-one solution for securing and controlling web traffic.
- It is an advanced firewall solution to guard web servers against security threats.
- It is a cloud-based security service to scan traffic for malware and policy enforcement.
- It is a secure web server specifically designed for cloud computing.
10. Refer to the exhibit. The network “A” contains multiple corporate servers that are accessed by hosts from the Internet for information about the corporation. What term is used to describe the network marked as “A”?
- untrusted network
- perimeter security boundary
- internal network
11. Which network service allows administrators to monitor and manage network devices?
12. Which protocol provides authentication, integrity, and confidentiality services and is a type of VPN?
13. What is a feature of the TACACS+ protocol?
- It hides passwords during transmission using PAP and sends the rest of the packet in plaintext.
- It utilizes UDP to provide more efficient packet transfer.
- It combines authentication and authorization as one process.
- It encrypts the entire body of the packet for more secure communications.
14. Which layer of the hierarchical design model is a control boundary between the other layers?