1. Which component of AAA is used to determine which resources a user can access and which operations the user is allowed to perform?
2. What is the biggest issue with local implementation of AAA?
- Local implementation cannot provide secure authentication.
- Local implementation supports only TACACS+ servers.
- Local implementation does not scale well.
- Local implementation supports only RADIUS servers.
3. A company is experiencing overwhelming visits to a main web server. The IT department is developing a plan to add a couple more web servers for load balancing and redundancy. Which requirement of information security is addressed by implementing the plan?
4. What is an example of privilege escalation attack?
- A threat actor sends an email to an IT manager to request the root access.
- A threat actor performs an access attack and gains the administrator password.
- A port scanning attack finds that the FTP service is running on a server that allows anonymous access.
- A DDoS attack is launched against a government server and causes the server to crash.
5. What is the principle of least privilege access control model?
- User access to data is based on object attributes.
- Users control access to data they own.
- Users are granted the strictest access control possible to data.
- Users are granted rights on an as-needed approach.
6. A server log includes this entry: User student accessed host server ABC using Telnet yesterday for 10 minutes. What type of log entry is this?
7. Which objective of secure communications is achieved by encrypting data?
8. What are three access control security services? (Choose three.)
9. Which access control model allows users to control access to data as an owner of that data?
- attribute-based access control
- discretionary access control
- nondiscretionary access control
- mandatory access control
10. Which two protocols are used to provide server-based AAA authentication? (Choose two.)
11. What three items are components of the CIA triad? (Choose three.)
12. Which type of access control applies the strictest access control and is commonly used in military or mission critical applications?
- discretionary access control (DAC)
- Non-discretionary access control
- attribute-based access control (ABAC)
- mandatory access control (MAC)