1. Which two characteristics describe Ethernet technology? (Choose two.)
- It typically uses an average of 16 Mb/s for data transfer rates.
- It uses a ring topology.
- It uses the CSMA/CD access control method.
- It is supported by IEEE 802.3 standards.
- It is supported by IEEE 802.5 standards.
2. What are two services provided by the OSI network layer? (Choose two.)
- performing error detection
- routing packets toward the destination
- encapsulating PDUs from the transport layer
- placement of frames on the media
- collision detection
3. How do hosts ensure that their packets are directed to the correct network destination?
- They always direct their packets to the default gateway, which will be responsible for the packet delivery.
- They send a query packet to the default gateway asking for the best route.
- They search in their own local routing table for a route to the network destination address and pass this information to the default gateway.
- They have to keep their own local routing table that contains a route to the loopback interface, a local network route, and a remote default route.
4. A technician uses the ping 127.0.0.1 command. What is the technician testing?
- physical connectivity of a particular PC and the network
- connectivity between a PC and the default gateway
- connectivity between two PCs on the same network
- the TCP/IP stack on a network host
- connectivity between two adjacent Cisco devices
5. What is the correct compressed format of the IPv6 address 2001:0db8:eeff:000a:0000:0000:0000:0001?
6. Which function or operation is performed by the LLC sublayer?
- It is responsible for media access control.
- It communicates with upper protocol layers.
- It performs data encapsulation.
- It adds a header and trailer to a packet to form an OSI Layer 2 PDU.
7. How many usable IP addresses are available on the 192.168.1.0/27 network?
8. Refer to the exhibit. Consider the IP address configuration shown from PC1. What is a description of the default gateway address?
- It is the IP address of the ISP network device located in the cloud.
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the company to the Internet.
- It is the IP address of the Router1 interface that connects the PC1 LAN to Router1.
- It is the IP address of Switch1 that connects PC1 to other devices on the same LAN.
9. What is the command netstat -r used for?
- to display the TCP sockets
- to release the assigned IP address
- to display the host routing table
- to renew the default gateway
10. A device has an IPv6 address of 2001:0DB8:75a3:0214:0607:1234:aa10:ba01 /64. What is the host identifier of the device?
11. Which statement describes a MAC address?
- It identifies the source and destination addresses of hosts on the Internet.
- It is 128-bits in length.
- It is a physical address assigned to an Ethernet NIC by the manufacturer.
- It contains two portions, the network portion and the host portion.
12. Why does a Layer 3 device perform the ANDing process on a destination IP address and subnet mask?
- to identify the broadcast address of the destination network
- to identify faulty frames
- to identify the host address of the destination host
- to identify the network address of the destination network
13. What are two characteristics of IP? (Choose two.)
- retransmits packets if errors occur
- does not require a dedicated end-to-end connection
- operates independently of the network media
- guarantees delivery of packets
- re-assembles out of order packets into the correct order at the receiver end
14. Which three IP addresses are private ? (Choose three.)