Networking Essentials ( Version 2) – Modules 17 – 20: Introduction to Cisco Networking Pre-Test Exam
1. What is required for a network administrator to perform out-of-band management tasks on a Cisco device?
- a computer directly connected to the console port of the device
- a valid IP address configured on VLAN 1
- an active network connection available to the device
- SSH enabled and functional on the device
2. Which two files are loaded into RAM of a Cisco switch when it is booted? (Choose two.)
- IOS image file
- routing table
- file that contains customer settings
- running configuration file
- startup configuration file
3. Which two ports can be used for the initial configuration of a Cisco router? (Choose two.)
- WAN interface
- flash slot
- LAN interface
4. When a router is powered on, where will the router first search for a valid IOS image to load by default?
- flash memory
5. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to configure the switch but receives the error message that is displayed in the exhibit. What is the problem?
- The administrator must first enter privileged EXEC mode before issuing the command.
- The administrator must connect via the console port to access global configuration mode.
- The administrator is already in global configuration mode.
- The entire command, configure terminal , must be used.
16. Which keys act as a hot key combination that is used to interrupt an IOS process?
17. What function does pressing the Tab key have when entering a command in IOS?
- It moves the cursor to the beginning of the next line.
- It exits configuration mode and returns to user EXEC mode.
- It completes the remainder of a partially typed word in a command.
- It aborts the current command and returns to configuration mode.
18. While troubleshooting a network problem, a network administrator issues the show version command on a router. What information can be found by using this command?
- the version of the routing protocol that is running on the router
- the bandwidth, encapsulation, and I/O statistics on the interfaces
- the amount of NVRAM, DRAM, and flash memory installed on the router
- differences between the backup configuration and the current running configuration
19. Which interface is the default SVI on a Cisco switch?
- VLAN 99
- FastEthernet 0/1
- GigabitEthernet 0/1
- VLAN 1
10. What is the effect of using the Router# copy running-config startup-config command on a router?
- The contents of ROM will change.
- The contents of NVRAM will change.
- The contents of flash will change.
- The contents of RAM will change.
11. A network administrator enters the service password-encryption command into the configuration mode of a router. What does this command accomplish?
- This command prevents someone from viewing the running configuration passwords.
- This command automatically encrypts passwords in configuration files that are currently stored in NVRAM.
- This command provides an exclusive encrypted password for external service personnel who are required to do router maintenance.
- This command enables a strong encryption algorithm for the enable secret password command.
- This command encrypts passwords as they are transmitted across serial WAN links.
12. What happens when the transport input ssh command is entered on the switch vty lines?
- Communication between the switch and remote users is encrypted.
- The switch requires a username/password combination for remote access.
- The SSH client on the switch is enabled.
- The switch requires remote connections via a proprietary client software.
13. A small office uses a wireless router to connect to a cable modem for Internet access. The network administrator receives a call that one office computer cannot access external websites. The first troubleshooting step that the network administrator performs is to ping the wireless router from the office computer. Which troubleshooting technique does this represent?
14. What are two common causes of a physical layer network connectivity problem? (Choose two.)
- an incorrect default gateway
- a monitor unplugged
- an Ethernet cable plugged into a wrong port
- a faulty Ethernet cable
- an unassigned IP address
15. Refer to the exhibit. A web designer calls to report that the web server web-s1.cisco.com is not reachable through a web browser. The technician uses command line utilities to verify the problem and to begin the troubleshooting process. Which two things can be determined about the problem? (Choose two.)
- The web server at 192.168.0.10 is reachable from the source host.
- DNS cannot resolve the IP address for the server web-s1.cisco.com.
- A router is down between the source host and the server web-s1.cisco.com.
- There is a problem with the web server software on web-s1.cisco.com.
- The default gateway between the source host and the server at 192.168.0.10 is down.
16. Which command would a technician use to display network connections on a host computer?