1. Why would a network administrator choose Linux as an operating system in the Security Operations Center (SOC)?
- It is easier to use than other operating systems.
- More network applications are created for this environment.
- It is more secure than other server operating systems.
- The administrator has more control over the operating system.
2. Which two methods can be used to harden a computing device? (Choose two.)
- Allow default services to remain enabled.
- Allow USB auto-detection.
- Enforce the password history mechanism.
- Update patches on a strict annual basis irrespective of release date.
- Ensure physical security.
3. Which Linux command can be used to display the name of the current working directory?
4. Consider the result of the
ls -l command in the Linux output below. What are the file permissions assigned to the sales user for the
- write only
- read, write
- read only
- read, write, execute
5. A Linux system boots into the GUI by default, so which application can a network administrator use in order to access the CLI environment?
- system viewer
- file viewer
- package management tool
- terminal emulator
6. What is the well-known port address number used by DNS to serve requests?
7. Which user can override file permissions on a Linux computer?
- any user that has ‘group’ permission to the file
- only the creator of the file
- any user that has ‘other’ permission to the file
- root user
8. Match the commonly used ports on a Linux server with the corresponding service.
- SMTP: 25
- DNS: 53
- HTTPS: 443
- SSH: 22
- TELNET: 23
9. Match typical Linux log files to the function.
- used by RedHat and CentOS computers and tracks authentication-related events: /var/log/secure
- contains generic computer activity logs, and is used to store informational and noncritical system messages: /var/log/messages
- stores information related to hardware devices and their drivers: /var/log/dmesg
- used by Debian and Ubuntu computers and stores all authentication-related events: /var/log/auth.log
10. Which type of tool allows administrators to observe and understand every detail of a network transaction?
- log manager
- malware analysis tool
- ticketing system
- packet capture software
11. Why is Kali Linux a popular choice in testing the network security of an organization?
- It is a network scanning tool that prioritizes security risks.
- It is an open source Linux security distribution containing many penetration tools.
- It can be used to test weaknesses by using only malicious software.
- It can be used to intercept and log network traffic.
12. Match the octal value to the file permission description in Linux. (Not all options are used.)
- write only ~~> 010
- read and execute ~~> 101
- read and write ~~> 110
- execute only ~~> 001
- write and execute ~~> NOT SCORED
- no access ~~> 000
13. Match the Linux command to the function. (Not all options are used.)
- Displays the name of the current working directory: pwd
- runs a command as another user: sudo
- modifies file permissions: chmod
- shuts down the system: Empty
- lists the processes that are currently running: ps
14. What are two advantages of the NTFS file system compared with FAT32? (Choose two.)
- NTFS is easier to configure.
- NTFS supports larger files.
- NTFS allows faster formatting of drives.
- NTFS allows the automatic detection of bad sectors.
- NTFS allows faster access to external peripherals such as a USB drive.
- NTFS provides more security features.
15. A PC user issues the netstat command without any options. What is displayed as the result of this command?
- a historical list of successful pings that have been sent
- a list of all established active TCP connections
- a network connection and usage report
- a local routing table
16. Which two commands could be used to check if DNS name resolution is working properly on a Windows PC? (Choose two.)
- nslookup cisco.com
- net cisco.com
- ipconfig /flushdns
- nbtstat cisco.com
- ping cisco.com
17. What is the purpose of using the net accounts command in Windows?
- to display information about shared network resources
- to show a list of computers and network devices on the network
- to start a network service
- to review the settings of password and logon requirements for users
18. Match the Windows 10 boot sequence after the boot manager (bootmgr.exe) loads.
- Step one: The Windows boot loader Winload.exe loads
- Step two: Ntosknl.exe and hal.dll are loaded
- Step three: Winload.exe reads the registry, chooses a hardware profile, and loads the device drivers.
- Step four: Ntoskrnl.exe takes over the process.
- Step five: Winlogon.exe is loaded and excutes the logon process.
19. A technician has installed a third party utility that is used to manage a Windows 7 computer. However, the utility does not automatically start whenever the computer is started. What can the technician do to resolve this problem?
- Set the application registry key value to one.
- Use the Add or Remove Programs utility to set program access and defaults.
- Change the startup type for the utility to Automatic in Services .
- Uninstall the program and then choose Add New Programs in the Add or Remove Programs utility to install the application.
20. Which statement describes the function of the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol?
- It is used to stream media contents.
- It is used to manage remote PCs.
- It is used to compress files stored on a disk.
- It is used to share network resources.
21. A user creates a file with .ps1 extension in Windows. What type of file is it?
- PowerShell function
- PowerShell cmdlet
- PowerShell documentation
- PowerShell script
22. Match the Windows command to the description.
- renames a file ~~> ren
- creates a new directory ~~> mkdir
- changes the current directory ~~> cd
- lists files in a directory ~~> dir
23. A user logs in to Windows with a regular user account and attempts to use an application that requires administrative privileges. What can the user do to successfully use the application?
- Right-click the application and choose Run as Priviledge .
- Right-click the application and choose Run as Superuser .
- Right-click the application and choose Run as Administrator .
- Right-click the application and choose Run as root .
24. An IT technician wants to create a rule on two Windows 10 computers to prevent an installed application from accessing the public Internet. Which tool would the technician use to accomplish this task?
- Local Security Policy
- Computer Management
- Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security
25. What technology was created to replace the BIOS program on modern personal computer motherboards?