Networking Essentials ( Version 2) – Modules 9 – 12: Data Communications and Network Services Pre-Test Exam
1. Which two reasons generally make DHCP the preferred method of assigning IP addresses to hosts on large networks? (Choose two.)
- It provides an address only to devices that are authorized to be connected to the network.
- It ensures that addresses are only applied to devices that require a permanent address.
- It eliminates most address configuration errors.
- It reduces the burden on network support staff.
- It guarantees that every device that needs an address will get one.
2. Which two types of devices are typically assigned static IP addresses? (Choose two.)
- web servers
3. If more than one DHCP server is available on the local network, in which order will DHCP messages be sent between a host and a DHCP server?
- request, discover, offer, acknowledgment
- discover, offer, request, acknowledgment
- request, acknowledgment, discover, offer
- acknowledgment, request, offer, discover
4. Which destination IPv4 address does a DHCPv4 client use to send the initial DHCP Discover packet when the client is looking for a DHCP server?
- the IP address of the default gateway
5. Which characteristic describes the default gateway of a host computer?
- the logical address of the router interface on the same network as the host computer
- the logical address assigned to the switch interface connected to the router
- the physical address of the router interface on the same network as the host computer
- the physical address of the switch interface connected to the host computer
6. Typically, which network device would be used to perform NAT for a corporate environment?
- host device
- DHCP server
7. Which network technology allows devices to communicate using both IPv4 and IPv6 addressing at the same time?
- dual stack
8. What is the IPv6 prefix that is used for link-local addresses?
9. What type of applications are best suited for using UDP?
- applications that are sensitive to delay
- applications that need reliable delivery
- applications that require retransmission of lost segments
- applications that are sensitive to packet loss
10. A destination PC receives an email message with the sequence numbers on packets out of order. Which layer of the TCP/IP model is responsible for reassembling the packets of the message in the correct order?
- network access
11. Which action is performed by a client when establishing communication with a server via the use of UDP at the transport layer?
- The client sends a synchronization segment to begin the session.
- The client randomly selects a source port number.
- The client sets the window size for the session.
- The client sends an ISN to the server to start the 3-way handshake.
12. A client device has initiated a secure HTTP request to a web browser. Which well-known port address number is associated with the destination address?
13. Refer to the exhibit. Which protocol allows a user to type www.cisco.com instead of an IP address to access the web server?
14. Which protocol is used to transfer web pages from a server to a client device?
15. What two characteristics describe an FTP connection? (Choose two.)
- A large file requires more than two connections between the client and the server to successfully download it.
- The server establishes the first connection with the client to control traffic that consists of server commands and client replies.
- Files can be downloaded from or uploaded to the server.
- The first connection established is for traffic control and the second connection is created to transfer a file.
- The client needs to run a daemon program to establish an FTP connection with a server.
16. Which protocol retains a message in a mailbox on a server, even after the message is accessed by a user on a local client device?