Networking Devices and Initial Configuration Module 1 – 3 Checkpoint Exam Answers
1. A college is building a new dormitory on its campus. Workers are digging in the ground to install a new water pipe for the dormitory. A worker accidentally damages a fiber optic cable that connects two of the existing dormitories to the campus data center. Although the cable has been cut, students in the dormitories only experience a very short interruption of network services. What characteristic of the network is shown here?
- fault tolerance
- quality of service (QoS)
2. Which feature relies on prioritization of network traffic and is used to ensure successful delivery of real-time services?
- quality of service
3. A networking technician is working on the wireless network at a medical clinic. The technician accidentally sets up the wireless network so that patients can see the medical records data of other patients. Which of the four network characteristics has been violated in this situation?
- fault tolerance
- Quality of Service (QoS)
4. Which term describes the state of a network when the demand on the network resources exceeds the available capacity?
5. Which is a characteristic of a Type 2 hypervisor?
- installs directly on hardware
- does not require management console software
- best suited for enterprise environments
- has direct access to server hardware resources
6. What type of address is physically assigned to the NIC of a workstation?
- MAC address
- host address
- IP address
- network address
7. An administrator is adding voice and video service capabilities to an existing network. What design requirement is being satisfied by this situation?
8. Match the hierarchical design layer with the description.
9. Which characteristic defines a private cloud?
- created for a specific community
- composed of two or more clouds
- intended for a specific organization
- available to the general public
10. A company is considering implementing virtualization solutions in a data center. What are three advantages of virtualization the company can expect to benefit from?(Choose three.)
- faster server provisioning
- improved disaster recovery
- reduced physical space requirements
- less employee training
- reduced security requirements
- shorter work week
11. Which Cloud computing service would be best for an organization that needs to collaboratively create applications and deliver them over the web?
12. A company leases a cloud-based payroll system. Which cloud computing technology is this company using?
- wireless as a service (WaaS)
- infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- software as a service (SaaS)
- platform as a service (PaaS)
13. What is the function of a hypervisor?
- to perform FCAPS functions for VNFs
- to centralize management of vSwitch configuration
- to create VMs and provide hardware abstraction to support them
- to create an isolated environment where containerized applications run
14. Which Cloud computing service would be best for a new organization that cannot afford physical servers and networking equipment and must purchase network services on-demand?
15. What is the decimal equivalent of the hexadecimal value of 3F?
16. Which IPv4 address format was created for ease of use by people and is expressed as 18.104.22.168?
- dotted decimal
17. How many unique values are possible using a single binary digit?
18. A student is learning number systems. What is the hexadecimal equivalent for the decimal number 165?
19. What is the hexadecimal equivalent for the binary number 10111010?
20. What is the dotted decimal representation of the IPv4 address which is represented as the binary string 00001010.01100100.00010101.00000001?
21. What are two differences between binary and decimal numbers? (Choose two.)
- Binary numbers are based on powers of 2.
- Decimal numbers are based on powers of 1.
- Decimal numbers include 0 through 9.
- Numbers typed on a keyboard are entered as binary and converted to decimal by the computer.
- Binary numbers consist of three states: on, off, null. Decimal numbers do not have states.