Which router is elected the IGMP Querier when more than one router is in the same LAN segment?
- A. The router with the shortest uptime
- B. The router with the lowest IP address
- C. The router with the highest IP address
- D. The router with the longest uptime
Explanation: Query messages are used to elect the IGMP querier as follows:
1. When IGMPv2 devices start, they each multicast a general query message to the allsystems grou address of 188.8.131.52 with their interface address in the source IP address field of the message.
2. When an IGMPv2 device receives a general query message, the device compares the source IP address in the message with its own interface address. The device with the lowest IP address on the subnet is elected the IGMP querier.
3. All devices (excluding the querier) start the query timer, which is reset whenever a general query message is received from the IGMP querier. If the query timer expires, it is assumed that the IGMP querier has gone down, and the election process is performed again to elect a new IGMP querier.
Reference: Click here
More Questions: CCNP 350-401 Dumps