Match the computer or peripheral problem with a probable cause of the issue.
- The card may require auxiliary power. — The monitor is blank after installing a PCle video card.
- The BIOS firmware needs to be updated. — The computer runs more slowly after installing a dual-core CPU.
- The built-in NIC may have failed. — Network shared drives are no longer accessible.
- The POST process is not executing on startup. — The computer does not start and no beeps are heard.
- The CMOS battery may be loose or drained. — The computer time must be reset after each reboot.
More Questions: IT Essentials Final Exam Answers