What are two advantages of using an API rate limit? (Choose two.)
- It reduces the amount of overhead within the API request.
- It protects against a DoS attack.
- It allows requests to be processed in a prioritized manner.
- It provides better quality of service and response time.
- It supports token passing so that each client gets a turn.
Explanation: An API rate limit allows a web service to control the number of requests made in a defined amount of time and is a best practice to use for public and unrestricted APIs. Benefits of using rate limits include the following:
Avoids a server overload from too many requests at once
Provides better service and response time to all users
Protects against a denial of service (DoS) attack
More Questions: DevNet Associate – Practice Final Exam Answers