What are two benefits of implementing a firewall in a network? (Choose two.)
- A firewall will inspect network traffic and forward traffic based solely on the Layer 2 Ethernet MAC address.
- A firewall will sanitize protocol flow.
- A firewall will prevent unauthorized traffic from being tunneled or hidden as legitimate traffic through an enteprise network.
- A firewall will provide accessibility of applications and sensitive resources to external untrusted users.
- A firewall will reduce security management complexity.
Explanation: There are several benefits of using a firewall in a network:
It prevents the exposure of sensitive hosts, resources, and applications to untrusted users.
It sanitizes protocol flow, which prevents the exploitation of protocol flaws.
It blocks malicious data from servers and clients.
It reduces security management complexity by off-loading most of the network access control to a few firewalls in the network.
Exam with this question: Module 9: Quiz – Firewall Technologies Network Security
Exam with this question: Network Defense: Module 5.3.2 Firewall Technologies Quiz