What are two best practices when implementing firewall security policies?
- Permit all traffic and then implement rules to block specific traffic.
- Disable unnecessary network services.
- Strictly control physical access to firewall devices.
- Firewall logging is not required due to the complexity of log entries.
- Firewalls should only be used at the network edge.
Explanation: Disable unnecessary network services to limit access to endpoints. Strictly control physical access to firewall devices to prevent tampering unauthorized access to configuration ports.
Exam with this question: Network Security 1.0 – 9.2.3 Check Your Understanding: Network Security Design Concepts