What is a strength of using a hashing function?
- It is a one-way function and not reversible.
- Two different files can be created that have the same output.
- It has a variable length output.
- It is not commonly used in security.
- It can take only a fixed length message.
Explanation: Understanding the properties of a hash function shows its applicability such as one-way function, arbitrary input length, and fixed output.
Exam with this question: Cybersecurity Essentials Chapter 5 Quiz Answers
Exam with this question: Checkpoint Exam: Principles, Practices, and Processes of Network Defense
Exam with this question: Network Defense 8.8.2 Module 8: Public Key Cryptography Quiz