What is an advantage of deploying IPv4 NAT technology for internal hosts in an organization?
- increases the performance of packet transmission to the Internet
- makes internal network access easy for outside hosts using UDP
- provides flexibility in designing the IPv4 addressing scheme
- enables the easy deployment of applications that require end-to-end traceability
Explanation: IPv4 NAT provides some benefits:
– NAT conserves the legally registered addressing scheme.
– NAT increases the flexibility of connections to the public network.
– NAT provides consistency for internal network addressing schemes.
– NAT provides certain level of network security by hiding the internal network topology and hosts.IPv4 NAT also brings some disadvantages:
– NAT may impact the network performance due to the translation process
– End-to-end addressing is lost, especially when dynamic NAT is used.
– End-to-end IPv4 traceability is also lost.
– NAT complicates tunneling protocols, such as IPsec.
– Services that require the initiation of TCP connections from the outside network, or stateless protocols, such as those using UDP, can be disrupted.
More Questions: CCNA 2 (v5.0.3 + v6.0) Chapter 9 Exam Answers