What two steps should be taken before connecting any IoT device to a home or business network? (Choose 2.)
- Update the device firmware with all relevant security patches.
- Reset all IoT device settings to their defaults before connecting to a live network.
- Record the administrative credentials on the login plate in case you forget them.
- Change all default administrator credentials.
- Ensure all IoT devices are isolated to a single broadcast domain.
Explanation: IoT devices should be evaluated to ensure that they are able to update their firmware with security patches, preferably over wireless networks. In addition, default administrator credentials on these devices should always be changed from the default settings because these settings are publicly known.
Exam with this question: Network Defense – 2.8.2 Module 2: System and Network Defense Quiz