Which statement about upgrading a cisco IOS device with TFTP server?
- the operation is performed in active mode
- the operation is performed in unencrypted format
- the operation is performed in passive mode
- the cisco IOS device must be on the same LAN as the TFTP server
Explanation: Verify that the TFTP or RCP server has IP connectivity to the router. If you cannot successfully ping between the TFTP or RCP server and the router, do one of the following:
– Configure a default gateway on the router.
– Make sure that the server and the router each have an IP address in the same network or subnet.
The first option implies the router can be in a different subnet from the TFTP server -> D is not correct.
TFTP has no encryption process so answer B is correct.
More Questions: CCNA v3.0 (200-125) Study Guide – Exam Dumps