Which three statements about HSRP operation are true? (Choose three.)?
- The virtual IP address and virtual MAC address are active on the HSRP Master router.
- The HSRP default timers are a 3 second hello interval and a 10 second dead interval.
- HSRP supports only clear-text authentication
- The HSRP virtual IP address must be on a different subnet than the routers’ interfaces on the same LAN.
- The HSRP virtual IP address must be the same as one of the router’s interface addresses on the LAN.
- HSRP supports up to 255 groups per interface, enabling an administrative form of load balancing.
“The active router sources hello packets from its configured IP address and the HSRP virtual MAC address. The standby router sources hellos from its configured IP address and the burned-in MAC address (BIA).”
“By default, these timers are set to 3 and 10 seconds, respectively…” http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches catalyst-6000-series-switches/29545-168.html#q1
Load Sharing with HSRP
“…has a 256 unique HSRP group ID limit.”
“…the allowed group ID range (0-255). … MSFC2A (Supervisor Engine 32) can use any number of group IDs from that range.
More Questions: CCNA v3.0 (200-125) Study Guide – Exam Dumps