Which two reasons describe why WEP is a weak protocol? (Choose two.)
- WEP uses the same encryption features as Bluetooth.
- The key is static and repeats on a congested network.
- The default settings cannot be modified.
- Everyone on the network uses a different key.
- The key is transmitted in clear text.
Explanation: The initialization vector (IV) of WEP is as follows:
Is a 24-bit field, which is too small
Is cleartext and readable
Is static and causes identical key streams to repeat on a busy network
More Questions: Cybersecurity Essentials Chapter 3 Quiz Answers