- LCP tests the quality of the link.
- LCP manages compression on the link.
- NCP terminates the link when data exchange is complete.
- With CHAP authentication, the routers exchange plain text passwords.
- Only a single NCP is allowed between the two routers.
Explanation: PPP uses LCP to perform the functions of establishing, configuring, and testing the data-link connections on the link as well as negotiating encapsulation, authentication, and compression formats.
More Questions: CCNA 4 Chapter 2 Exam Answers