Which two techniques are used to carry out DoS attacks? (Choose two.)
- using ICMP messages to profile host operating systems
- using maliciously formatted packets
- gaining access to the physical network and hijacking a current session
- sending an overwhelming amount of traffic
- using pings to discover subnets and hosts on a network
Explanation: With denial of service (DoS) attacks, threat actors overwhelm a targeted host by sending an overwhelming quantity of maliciously formatted packets. This causes the targeted host to crash or become unable to respond to legitimate requests.
More Questions: IoT Security 1.1 Chapter 4 Quiz Answers