A user has submitted a trouble ticket stating that their computer is showing the error “BOOTMGR is missing”. The IT technician replicates the error and finds that it occurs after the POST of this Windows 10 machine. What are two possible solutions for this problem? (Choose two.)
- Run the bootrec /fixboot command.
- Run chkdsk /F /R from the recovery console.
- Restore BOOTMGR using the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Run virus removal software.
- Use the last known good configuration to boot the computer.
Explanation: The message “BOOTMGR is missing” could be a symptom of a missing or damaged BOOTMGR, a Boot Configuration Data file missing or damaged, a boot order not set correctly in BIOS, a corrupted MBR, or a failing hard drive. Because the OS cannot be located to start, the fix cannot be done using a regular command.