A user in a large office calls technical support to complain that a PC has suddenly lost connectivity to the network. The technician asks the caller to talk to nearby users to see if other machines are affected. The caller reports that several immediate neighbors in the same department have a similar problem and that they cannot ping each other. Those who are seated in other departments have connectivity. What should the technician check as the first step in troubleshooting the issue?
- the power outlet to the PC that is used by the caller
- the cable connection between a PC and a network outlet that is used by a neighbor
- the cable that connects the PC of the caller to the network jack
- the status of the departmental workgroup switch in the wiring closet
- the trunks between switches in the wiring closet
More Questions: CCNA 4 Chapter 8 Exam Answers