What are two benefits of using a layered model for network protocol development? (Choose two.)
- promoting acquisition of networking products
- reducing competition among different manufacturers
- enhancing capabilities of networking products and services
- providing a common language to describe networking functions
- preventing technology changes in one layer from affecting other layers
Explanation: There are many benefits of using a layered model to explain network protocols and operations, including: (1) assisting in protocol design; (2) fostering competition because products from different vendors can work together; (3) preventing technology or capability changes in one layer from affecting other layers; and (4) providing a common language to describe networking functions and capabilities.
More Questions: IoT Connecting Things 2.0 – Chapter 1 Quiz Answers