1. What is an example of a closed-loop control system?
- a manual garage door opener
- a clock
- a traditional dishwasher
- a thermostat
2. True or False?
The purpose of the Cisco IoT System is to create complexity in IoT system implementation and management.
3. What are three components of a control system? (Choose three.)
- wearable device
4. What are two advantages of using fiber optic cables compared with copper cables? (Choose two.)
- They are less expensive.
- They support higher bandwidth.
- They provide connections over longer distances.
- They use electromagnetic signals to transmit data.
- They provide shared media access for a single link.
5. To answer the question, you do not need to consider the exhibit. Which type of media would use electromagnetic signals to communicate between IoT devices?
- single-mode fiber
- multimode fiber
6. Which level of the Internet of Things reference model describes data storage?
- data abstraction
- edge computing
- data accumulation
- physical devices and controllers
7. What are two benefits of using a layered model for network protocol development? (Choose two.)
- promoting acquisition of networking products
- reducing competition among different manufacturers
- enhancing capabilities of networking products and services
- providing a common language to describe networking functions
- preventing technology changes in one layer from affecting other layers
8. What are three machine-intelligible message structures that group strings of bits for network transmission? (Choose three.)
- ASCII codes
9. What are two factors that impact network security in the IoT? (Choose two.)
- the number of devices
- the number of bits used for encryption
- the nontraditional location of devices
- the lack of Internet standards
- the amount of space between sensors
10. What are three types of connections in an IoT system? (Choose three.)
- connection to power sources
- application protocols designed for IoT
- exclusive networking for IoT systems
- interconnection among cloud computing systems
- wires and circuitry associated with linking IoT components
- OSI Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking connections
11. Match the layers of the TCP/IP model to their function. (Not all options are used.)
– represents data to the user and provides encoding and dialog control
– supports communication between various devices across diverse networks
– determines the best path through the networks to send data
- network access
– controls hardware devices and media that make up the network
12. Match the functions with the IoT device.
- adds intelligence to things
- monitors physical properties of the environment
- improves IoT network performance
– none of these
- performs an action
13. What type of IoT device is the Raspberry Pi?
14. What is embedded within a digital object, such as a photograph or email?
15. To answer the question, you do not need to consider the exhibit. Which type of IoT device operates in the device-to-network-to-cloud communication model?
- Bluetooth heart-rate sensor
- IP camera
- smart watch
- Zigbee gas sensor
16. What is the term for the extension of the existing Internet structure to billions of connected devices?
17. What are three alternative methods of powering IoT systems deployed in remote locations? (Choose three.)
- temperature differences
- AC line power
18. Which action is the result of negative feedback?
- A flashlight is used at night by a camper.
- A strong feedback noise is heard in an auditorium during a rehearsal.
- An unexpected chemical reaction in a chemical plant causes an explosion.
- A thermostat shuts down an air conditioning unit when the temperature reaches the set temperature.
19. Fill in the blank.
In process control theory, a _____ uses inputs to execute the required actions in order to achieve the desired output.