What are two purposes of launching a reconnaissance attack on a network? (Choose two.)
- A. to prevent other users from accessing the system
- B. to escalate access privileges
- C. to gather information about the network and devices
- D. to scan for accessibility
- E. to retrieve and modify data
Correct Answer: CD
Explanation: Gathering information about a network and scanning for access is a reconnaissance attack. Preventing other users from accessing a system is a denial of service attack. Attempting to retrieve and modify data, and attempting to escalate access privileges are types of access attacks.