What is an example of data in the DIKW Pyramid model?
- data structured in a format that can be analyzed
- the application of knowledge
- information that is understood and can be used immediately
- facts gathered through observation
Explanation: The DIKW Pyramid model is used to describe the relationship between data, information, knowledge, and wisdom. The following is an explanation of each level of the pyramid (from top to bottom):
- Wisdom is the understanding of how to apply knowledge.
- Knowledge is information that is understood and can now be used to make decisions.
- Information is data that has been structured in a way that it is useful for analysis.
- Data consists of facts from some type of observation or measurement.
Exam with this question: Big data & Analytics Chapter 2 Quiz Answers – Fundamentals of Data Analysis