1. Which data trend has seen decision making rely increasingly on data analytics?
- the increase in the amount of data
- the security constraints of data
- the lack of information about data
- the accuracy of decision making
2. Which statement is true concerning data analytics?
- Prescriptive analytics uses historical data to provide regular reports on events that have already happened.
- Predictive analytics uses simulation models and forecasting to suggest what could happen.
- Descriptive analytics uses a feedback system to track the outcome of actions taken.
- Descriptive analytics attempts to predict what will happen next.
3. An analyst is asked to review gathered data and modify any incompatible metric used by various sources of data. Which step in ETL does this represent?
4. In a data analysis project, which process gathers all grades for students enrolled in a college course?
5. What was the main purpose of the “Discover Your Internet Footprint” activity?
- to show that only public information about a person can be found
- to show that different types of information can be found about a person
- to show that only authorized government workers can find information about a person
- to show that any information about a person can be found, but only if a person gives an authorization to do so
6. What two aspects of modern data analytics enhance data-driven decision making compared with traditional data analysis methods? (Choose two.)
- real-time incoming data
- well-defined data structures
- data from multiple sources
- data stored in a central data warehouse
- predominant use of descriptive analytical tools
7. Place the six steps in the data analysis lifecyle in the correct order.
8. In what step of the Data Analysis Lifecycle are tools selected for performing data analysis?
- choosing a model
- gathering data
- presenting the data
- preparing the data
9. What is a characteristic of the six-step Data Analysis Lifecycle methodology?
- Each step includes many tasks that must be completed before moving on to the next step.
- It is the only methodology available for data analysis.
- It was designed exclusively for use in a scientific environment.
- The analysis process is very straightforward, so there are no iterations with previous steps.
10. Which task is performed within the data analysis step of the Data Analysis Lifecycle?
- testing the model on data to ensure reliability
- incorporating the findings into corporate strategy
- selecting a tool for data analysis
- locating and gathering data
11. A college has deployed next-generation analytics. Which question would most likely be answered by next generation analytics that could not be answered by traditional analysis tools?
- Which class has the most sections available?
- What are the 10 most expensive textbooks required in any class?
- Which 100 classes fill the fastest once open enrollment is available for the general population?
- Which teacher had the highest number of students enrolled in classes during the last year?
- Which class sections do students consider the most in the online environment without actually enrolling?
12. What is an example of data in the DIKW Pyramid model?
- data structured in a format that can be analyzed
- the application of knowledge
- information that is understood and can be used immediately
- facts gathered through observation
13. What is true about Big Data and personal privacy?
- Privacy issues are not a major concern of Big Data.
- Ethical issues about the use of Big Data are treated the same way around the world.
- Most data scientists think that consumers will not have to worry about privacy issues because privacy is the responsibility of government.
- According to data scientists, the construction of an ethical framework would help the collection and use of Big Data.
14. A college uses a learning management system (LMS) to host lecture materials and provide access to assignments and assessments. A teacher uses the LMS to check activities completed by students in a particular course. Which data analytics method is being used?
15. In what way is the Data Analysis Lifecycle similar to using the scientific method?
- They both begin with a question.
- They both use the same process steps.
- They both lead to the same results.
- They both require a scientist to solve a problem.
16. Which two tasks may be performed as part of the data transformation process? (Choose two.)
- sorting the data
- applying validation rules to the data
- transferring the data into a database
- collecting and recording the data
- communicating results to decision-makers
17. In the DIKW (data, information, knowledge, and wisdom) model, what is the definition of knowledge?
- Knowledge is unstructured data.
- Knowledge is information that is understood and can be used to make decisions.
- Knowledge is data that is structured in a useful way.
- Knowledge is the understanding of how to apply data.
18. A large online ordering company collects the sales history of its customers. Using this historical data, the online company sends customized sales advertisements to a specific group of customers. Which data analytics method is being used?