What is the benefit of using a stateful firewall in a network?
- It can prevent application layer attacks because it examines the actual contents of the HTTP connection.
- It analyzes traffic at OSI Layer 4 and Layer 5.
- It filters IP traffic between bridged interfaces at OSI layer 7.
- It strengthens packet filtering by providing more stringent control over security.
Explanation: There are several benefits to using a stateful firewall in a network:
- Stateful firewalls are often used as a primary means of defense by filtering unwanted, unnecessary, or undesirable traffic.
- Stateful firewalls strengthen packet filtering by providing more stringent control over security.
- Stateful firewalls improve performance over packet filters or proxy servers.
- Stateful firewalls defend against spoofing and DoS attacks by determining whether packets belong to an existing connection or are from an unauthorized source.
- Stateful firewalls provide more log information than packet-filtering firewalls.
Exam with this question: Network Support and Security 3.7.3 Network Security Quiz
Exam with this question: Network Support and Security: My Knowledge Check Answers