- All users at a large branch office can access company resources through a single VPN connection.
- A small branch office with three employees has a Cisco ASA that is used to create a VPN connection to the HQ.
- A toy manufacturer has a permanent VPN connection to one of its parts suppliers.
- A mobile sales agent is connecting to the company network via the Internet connection at a hotel.
- An employee who is working from home uses VPN client software on a laptop in order to connect to the company network.
Explanation: Remote access VPNs connect individual users to another network via a VPN client that is installed on the user device. Site-to-site VPNs are “always on” connections that use VPN gateways to connect two sites together. Users at each site can access the network on the other site without having to use any special clients or configurations on their individual devices.