Which two statements describe the characteristics of fiber-optic cabling? (Choose two.)
- Fiber-optic cabling does not conduct electricity.
- Fiber-optic cabling has high signal loss.
- Fiber-optic cabling is primarily used as backbone cabling.
- Multimode fiber-optic cabling carries signals from multiple sending devices.
- Fiber-optic cabling uses LEDs for single-mode cables and laser technology for multimode cables.
Explanation: Fiber-optic cabling is primarily used for high-traffic backbone cabling and does not conduct electricity. Multimode fiber uses LEDs for signaling and single-mode fiber uses laser technology. FIber-optic cabling carries signals from only one device to another.
More Questions: Introduction to Networks (Version 7.0) – ITNv7 Practice Final Exam
More Questions: CCNA 1 (v5.1 + v6.0) Practice Final Exam Answers