A network student intern is asked to clean the system settings and upgrade the IOS on a Cisco router. The student uses a Windows 10 laptop and a rollover cable to connect to the console port of the router. The student powers on the router and opens the TeraTerm program. However, the program does not receive any response from the router. What are two possible causes for this problem? (Choose two.)
- The IP address was misconfigured in TeraTerm.
- The communication settings were misconfigured on TeraTerm.
- The wrong password was used to connect to the console port.
- The student entered an incorrect enable password.
- The wrong COM port was selected in TeraTerm.
Explanation: When troubleshooting console port access, there are a few items to look for:
Has the correct COM port been selected in the terminal program?
Are the settings of the terminal program configured correctly?
Is a line password used to authenticate to the console?
Are a local username and password used to authenticate to the console?
In this case, because there is no response from the router after it is powered on, the problem is most likely that the wrong COM port was selected or the communication settings were misconfigured.
More Questions: CCNP ENARSI v8 Certification Practice Exam