A user has created a new program and wants to distribute it to everyone in the company. The user wants to ensure that when the program is downloaded that the program is not changed while in transit. What can the user do to ensure that the program is not changed when downloaded?
- Create a hash of the program file that can be used to verify the integrity of the file after it is downloaded.
- Turn off antivirus on all the computers.
- Distribute the program on a thumb drive.
- Encrypt the program and require a password after it is downloaded.
- Install the program on individual computers.
Explanation: Hashing is a method to ensure integrity and ensures that the data is not changed.
More Questions: Cybersecurity Essentials Chapter 5 Quiz Answers
More Questions: Network Defense (NetDef) Module 1 – 3 Group Exam Answers