Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator configured routers R1 and R2 as part of HSRP group 1. After the routers have been reloaded, a user on Host1 complained of lack of connectivity to the Internet The network administrator issued the show standby brief command on both routers to verify the HSRP operations. In addition, the administrator observed the ARP table on Host1. Which entry should be seen in the ARP table on Host1 in order to gain connectivity to the Internet?
- the virtual IP address of the HSRP group 1 and the MAC address of R1
- the virtual IP address of the HSRP group 1 and the MAC address of R2
- the virtual IP address and the virtual MAC address for the HSRP group 1
- the IP address and the MAC address of R1
Explanation: Hosts will send an ARP request to the default gateway which is the virtual IP address. ARP replies from the HSRP routers contain the virtual MAC address. The host ARP tables will contain a mapping of the virtual IP to the virtual MAC.
– the IP address and the MAC address of R1
More Questions: Switching, Routing, and Wireless Essentials ( Version 7.00) – SRWE Final Exam
More Questions: CCNA 3 (v5.0.3 + v6.0) Chapter 2 Exam Answers
More Questions: CCNA 3 (v5.0.3 + v6.0) Chapter 4 Exam Answers
More Questions: CCNPv8 ENCOR (Version 8.0) – FINAL EXAM