What are two benefits to an organization if it rented data center services from either a co-location facility or a cloud service provider? (Choose two.)
- The organization will reduce the WAN connection cost.
- The internal IT staff will get training on data center operations.
- Rented data centers are usually close to the organization for easy access.
- The organization pays a smaller up-front cost and requires fewer internal IT staff.
- Rented data centers and equipment are managed by highly experienced professionals 24/7.
Explanation: There are a few benefits for an organization to rent data center service at co-location facilities or from cloud service providers, including the following:
- Security – Secure space is used to house equipment and electronically-controlled access. Security staff are available 24/7.
- Flexibility – Additional capacity can be added quickly and cheaply.
- Redundancy / Backup – Redundant and backup systems are built into the system design.
- Location – Data centers are implemented to be away from high-probability disaster areas.
- Management – Facilities and equipment are managed by experienced professionals 24/7.
- High Return on investment – Organizations leasing space have smaller up-front costs, and fewer internal IT staff are required.
The organization will actually increase usage of WAN connections, and the internal operation of those data centers will not be open to customers.
Exam with this question: Big data & Analytics Chapter 6 Quiz Answers – Architecture for Big Data and Data Engineering