1. Which function is provided by MapReduce to Hadoop?
- storage expansion
- hypervisor security
- distributed processing
- database management
2. Which transferring methodology do traditional message brokers use?
- transaction logging
3. Which solution improves web response time by deploying multiple web servers and DNS servers?
- load balancing
- distributed databases
4. Match the big data tool to the description.
5. Why can it be more beneficial to use Spark than MapReduce when creating a big data solution?
- batch processing
- built-in machine learning library
- data stored on disk
- parallelizing algorithms
6. Which type of hypervisor would most likely be used in a data center?
- Type 1
- Type 2
7. Which architecture is used by HDFS?
- stand alone
8. Match the job in a data center to the description.
9. What are two data storage problems with big data? (Choose two.)
- data management
- increased maintenance cost
- unstructured data
- application performance
- loss of predictive analysis
10. Which file system does Hadoop use?
11. What is the purpose of device virtualization?
- It allows the physical layer to interface with another device through multiple virtual connections.
- It allows multiple physical PCs to be linked as one virtual PC.
- It allows multiple OSs to run on one physical device.
- It allows a networking device to manage multiple virtual local area networks.
12. Which statement describes the term containers in virtualization technology?
- a group of VMs with identical OS and applications
- a subsection of a virtualization environment that contains one or more VMs
- a virtual area with multiple independent applications sharing the host OS and hardware
- isolated areas of a virtualization environment, where each area is administered by a customer
13. Match the cloud computing service to the description. (Not all options are used.)
14. What is hyperjacking?
- taking over a virtual machine hypervisor as part of a data center attack
- overclocking the mesh network which connects the data center servers
- using multiple virtual machines as one large Hadoop server running HDFS
- using processors from multiple computers to increase data processing power
15. A cloud service provider is considering building a data center on the coast of southern California. They have found a pre-existing building with large windows facing the ocean. What are two factors the provider should consider? (Choose two.)
- political instability
- site elevation
- likelihood of natural disasters
- the number of homes in the area
16. What are two benefits to an organization if it rented data center services from either a co-location facility or a cloud service provider? (Choose two.)
- The organization will reduce the WAN connection cost.
- The internal IT staff will get training on data center operations.
- Rented data centers are usually close to the organization for easy access.
- The organization pays a smaller up-front cost and requires fewer internal IT staff.
- Rented data centers and equipment are managed by highly experienced professionals 24/7.
17. Which scenario is suitable for fog computing?
- Multiple sensors are used to collect national climate information.
- Sales data of a national department store are collected and analyzed.
- Multiple motion sensors are implemented at major street intersections in a city.
- Orders on a major online store are processed and fulfilled from multiple warehouse locations.