What are two characteristics of RAM on a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- RAM is able to store multiple versions of IOS and configuration files.
- The configuration that is actively running on the device is stored in RAM.
- The contents of RAM are lost during a power cycle.
- RAM provides nonvolatile storage.
- RAM is a component in Cisco switches but not in Cisco routers.
Explanation: RAM stores data that is used by the device to support network operations. The running configuration is stored in RAM. This type of memory is considered volatile memory because data is lost during a power cycle. Flash memory stores the IOS and delivers a copy of the IOS into RAM when a device is powered on. Flash memory is nonvolatile since it retains stored contents during a loss of power.
Exam with this question: CCNA 1 v7 Modules 1 – 3 Exam Answers
Exam with this question: CCNA 1 (v5.1 + v6.0) Chapter 2 Exam Answers
Exam with this question: Network Addressing and Basic Troubleshooting Final Exam