What are two operational characteristics of policy based routing? (Choose two.)
- Next-hop addresses defined in PBR set statements are placed in the routing table.
- PBR examines packets as they exit a router interface.
- PBR performs conditional forwarding based only on source or destination IP address.
- Local PBR policies can identify packets that originate from a router.
- PBR can be configured to forward packets to next-hop addresses that are not in the routing table.
Explanation: PBR has the following characteristics and capabilities:
It examines packets as they enter a router interface.
Local PBR can identify packets that originate from a router.
It can perform conditional forwarding based on packet characteristics in addition to a source or destination IP address.
It can forward packets to next-hop addresses that are not in the routing table by using the set ip default next-hop command.
The next-hop addresses defined in set statements are not placed in the RIB.