Which two functions are performed by the core layer in a three-tier architecture? (Choose two)
- A. Provide uninterrupted forwarding service.
- B. Police traffic that is sent to the edge of the network.
- C. Provide direct connectivity for end user devices.
- D. Ensure timely data transfer between layers.
- E. Inspect packets for malicious activity.
Correct Answer: A,D
Explanation: Cisco is very clear about the purpose of this layer. Its only role is to forward traffic, the fastest it can. Here you don’t apply any policy, as you must try to reduce the load of the core so it can focus on routing.
Reference: Click here
More Questions: CCNA Dumps