A network technician enters the command ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew in order to ensure that the DHCP IP configuration on a workstation is updated. However, the workstation does not receive a valid IP configuration for the network. Which two problems may exist on the network? (Choose two.)
- There is no network connectivity to the DHCP server.
- There is a DHCP server issue.
- The DHCP lease time is misconfigured.
- The ipconfig /all command must be issued to restore all IP configurations.
- The gateway router address needs to be updated.
Explanation: The command ipconfig /release will release the current DHCP binding. Ipconfig /renew will request fresh configuration information from the DHCP server. After these two commands are issued, if the workstation is unable to obtain a valid IP configuration from the DHCP server, it could be that there is no network connectivity or the DHCP server is not operational.
Exam with this question: Checkpoint Exam: Cisco Devices and Troubleshooting Network Issues Answers
Exam with this question: 20.7.3 Module 20 – Troubleshoot Common Network Problems Quiz
Exam with this question: Network Addressing and Basic Troubleshooting: My Knowledge Check Answers