Refer to the exhibit. A web designer calls to report that the web server web-s1.cisco.com is not reachable through a web browser. The technician uses command line utilities to verify the problem and to begin the troubleshooting process. Which two things can be determined about the problem? (Choose two.)
- The web server at 192.168.0.10 is reachable from the source host.
- DNS cannot resolve the IP address for the server web-s1.cisco.com.
- A router is down between the source host and the server web-s1.cisco.com.
- There is a problem with the web server software on web-s1.cisco.com.
- The default gateway between the source host and the server at 192.168.0.10 is down.
Explanation: The successful result of the ping to the IP address indicates that the network is operational and the web server is online. However, the fact that the ping to the domain name of the server fails indicates there is a DNS issue, namely that the host cannot resolve the domain name to its associated IP address.
Exam with this question: Networking Essentials (Version 2) – Modules 17 – 20: Introduction to Cisco Networking Pre-Test Exam
Exam with this question: Enterprise Networking, Security, and Automation (Version 7.00) – ENSA Final Exam
Exam with this question: Networking Devices and Initial Configuration Course Final Exam Answers
Exam with this question: 20.7.3 Module 20 – Troubleshoot Common Network Problems Quiz