What functionality is provided by Cisco SPAN in a switched network?
- It mirrors traffic that passes through a switch port or VLAN to another port for traffic analysis.
- It prevents traffic on a LAN from being disrupted by a broadcast storm.
- It protects the switched network from receiving BPDUs on ports that should not be receiving them.
- It copies traffic that passes through a switch interface and sends the data directly to a syslog or SNMP server for analysis.
- It inspects voice protocols to ensure that SIP, SCCP, H.323, and MGCP requests conform to voice standards.
- It mitigates MAC address overflow attacks.
More Questions: Modules 13 – 17: Threats and Attacks Group Exam