Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
- The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
- The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
- The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
- The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
- All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
- Only the DHCP server receives the message.
Explanation: When a host configured to use DHCP powers up on a network it sends a DHCPDISCOVER message. FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF is the L2 broadcast address. A DHCP server replies with a unicast DHCPOFFER message back to the host.
More Questions: Modules 14 – 15: Network Application Communications Exam Answers
More Questions: CCNA 1 (v5.1 + v6.0) Chapter 10 Exam Answers
More Questions: CyberOps Associate Final Exam Answers