11.3.3 Dynamic Addressing with DHCP Quiz Answers. Networking Basics Module 11 quiz exam answers
1. Match each description with an appropriate IP address.
2. Which two reasons generally make DHCP the preferred method of assigning IP addresses to hosts on large networks? (Choose two.)
- It eliminates most address configuration errors.
- It ensures that addresses are only applied to devices that require a permanent address.
- It guarantees that every device that needs an address will get one.
- It provides an address only to devices that are authorized to be connected to the network.
- It reduces the burden on network support staff.
3. Which message does an IPv4 host use to reply when it receives a DHCPOFFER message from a DHCP server?
4. Which destination IPv4 address does a DHCPv4 client use to send the initial DHCP Discover packet when the client is looking for a DHCP server?
- the IP address of the default gateway
5. Which type of packet is sent by a DHCP server after receiving a DHCP Discover message?
- DHCP ACK
- DHCP Discover
- DHCP Offer
- DHCP Request
6. What is one advantage of using DHCP to assign addresses to mobile devices?
- Address leases are temporary and are returned to the pool when the device is turned off.
- Addresses are permanently assigned to the mobile device and are valid on any network.
- Using DHCP creates many more registered IPv4 addresses.
- DHCP enables multiple internal IPv4 addresses to use a single registered global address.
7. Refer to the exhibit. A home wireless router is configured to act as a DHCP server. The IP address range is configured to be 192.168.0.100 – 149. What IP address will be assigned automatically to the first device that connects to the wireless router?
8. Refer to the exhibit. PC1 is configured to obtain a dynamic IP address from the DHCP server. PC1 has been shut down for two weeks. When PC1 boots and tries to request an available IP address, which destination IP address will PC1 place in the IP header?
9. Which type of server dynamically assigns an IP address to a host?
10. Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
- The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
- The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
- The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
- The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
- All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
- Only the DHCP server receives the message.
11. A host PC is attempting to lease an address through DHCP. What message is sent by the server to let the client know it is able to use the provided IP information?