Which two operations are provided by TCP but not by UDP? (Choose two.)
- identifying the applications
- acknowledging received data
- tracking individual conversations
- retransmitting any unacknowledged data
- reconstructing data in the order received
Explanation: Numbering and tracking data segments, acknowledging received data, and retransmitting any unacknowledged data are reliability operations to ensure that all of the data arrives at the destination. UDP does not provide reliability. Both TCP and UDP identify the applications and track individual conversations. UDP does not number data segments and reconstructs data in the order that it is received.
More Questions: CCNA 1 Module 14 Quiz – Transport Layer Answers