Which two statements correctly describe the components of a router? (Choose two.)
- ROM contains diagnostics executed on hardware modules.
- NVRAM stores a backup copy of the IOS used during the boot sequence.
- Flash memory does not lose its contents during a reboot.
- RAM permanently stores the configuration file used during the boot sequence.
- ROM contains the most current and most complete version of the IOS.
- Flash contains boot system commands to identify the location of the IOS.
Explanation: A router contains four types of memory:
RAM - volatile memory used to store the running IOS, running configuration file, routing table, ARP table, as well as serve as a packet buffer
ROM - nonvolatile memory used to hold a limited version of the IOS, bootup instructions, and basic diagnostic software
NVRAM - nonvolatile memory used to hold the startup configuration file
Flash - nonvolatile memory used to hold the IOS and other system files
Exam with this question: Networking Essentials ( Version 2) – Networking Essentials 2.0 Final Exam SD
Exam with this question: Network Addressing and Basic Troubleshooting Final Exam
Exam with this question: CCNA Exploration 2: ERouting Chapter 1 Exam
Exam with this question: CCNA 2 v5 Chapter 4: Check Your Understanding Questions
Exam with this question: Network Addressing and Basic Troubleshooting: My Knowledge Check Answers