Introduction to Cybersecurity 2.1 Chapter 1 Quiz Answers – Chapter 1: The Need for Cybersecurity
1. What is the motivation of a white hat attacker?
- discovering weaknesses of networks and systems to improve the security level of these systems
- taking advantage of any vulnerability for illegal personal gain
- studying operating systems of various platforms to develop a new system
- fine tuning network devices to improve their performance and efficiency
2. What are three methods that can be used to ensure confidentiality of information? (Choose three.)
- two factor authentication
- data encryption
- version control
- username ID and password
- file permission settings
3. Which method is used to check the integrity of data?
4. Which statement describes cyberwarfare?
- It is simulation software for Air Force pilots that allows them to practice under a simulated war scenario.
- Cyberwarfare is an attack carried out by a group of script kiddies.
- It is a series of personal protective equipment developed for soldiers involved in nuclear war.
- It is Internet-based conflict that involves the penetration of information systems of other nations.
5. What three items are components of the CIA triad? (Choose three.)
6. What is another name for confidentiality of information?
7. What is an example of “hacktivism”?
- A group of environmentalists launch a denial of service attack against an oil company that is responsible for a large oil spill.
- Criminals use the Internet to attempt to steal money from a banking company.
- A country tries to steal defense secrets from another country by infiltrating government networks.
- A teenager breaks into the web server of a local newspaper and posts a picture of a favorite cartoon character.
8. What is a reason that internal security threats might cause greater damage to an organization than external security threats?
- Internal users have better hacking skills.
- Internal users have direct access to the infrastructure devices.
- Internal users can access the corporate data without authentication.
- Internal users can access the infrastructure devices through the Internet.
9. Match the type of cyber attackers to the description. (Not all options are used.)
- make political statements, or create fear, by causing physical or psychological damage to victims → terrorists
- make political statements in order to create an awareness of issues that are important to them → hacktivists
- gather intelligence or commit sabotage on specific goals on behalf of their government → state-sponsored attackers